Mass Comm Law cases in the News
For those who are interested, we offer here links to news episodes dealing with Mass Comm Law topics.
- Supreme Court hears arguments Secret Service stifled First Amendment rights (free speech, government interests, National Public Radio, March 21, 2012).
- Disparate groups join to oppose Internet censorship (obscenity, prior restraint, The Daily Evergreen Feb. 8, 2012)
- Obama seeks license to lie under FOIA: (Freedom of Information, The Washington Examiner, Oct. 31, 2011)
- Supreme Court scrutinizes law about military lies (First Amendment, The New York Times, Oct. 17, 2011)
- Video games qualify for First Amendment protection: California Law erased. (First Amendment, Supreme Court, June 27, 2011)
- Supreme Court wraps up term with First Amendment emphasis. (First Amendment, New York Times, June 28, 2011)
- Boyfriend's billboard goes to court. (Privacy, Alamogordo Daily News, June 3, 2011)
- Football coach supports stealing newspapers. (Prior restraint, censorship, ESPN, March 4, 2011)
- Westboro Baptist Church wins case on funeral protests. (Privacy, Washington Post, March 3, 2011)
- Black maid says portrayal in The Help is humiliating. (Privacy, ABC News, Feb. 22, 2011)
- Courtney Love "stars" in Twitter lawsuit by designer. (Libel, New York Daily News, Jan. 6, 2011)
- BitTorrent receives attention at Senate ... (Copyright, Indie Pro Pub, Feb. 17, 2011)